This position works Monday through Friday, day shift.
- Collect blood samples from patients
- Practice proper patient identification, especially when working on hospital floors
- Label vials with patient names and dates
- Decipher the best method for drawing blood depending on the specific patient
- Centrifuge blood samples
- Expect to work with a large number of patients varying in age and health status
- Be friendly, courteous and sympathetic when it comes to working with patients
- Keep your lab clean and well maintained at all times
- Practice infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment
- Performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a phlebotomy-training program or equivalent experience.
- Phlebotomy certification/license is required.
- Computer experience and some knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Experience is preferred but not required.
- Physically able to perform CPR.
- Able to lift a minimum of 15# of equipment.
- Seven paid holidays.
- Sick and vacation after waiting period
- Health, vision, and dental coverage
- Employer paid life insurance and long-term disability
Specialists Hospital Shreveport, LLC
Specialists Hospital is proudly physician owned and is actively in involved in the Physician Owned Hospitals of America (http://www.physicianhospitals.org/) and the Louisiana Physician Owned Hospital Association (http://www.lhaonline.org/) . Specialists Hospital Shreveport located in Shreveport, Louisiana offers you state of the art treatment in orthopedic and spine surgery- all in a unique, patient-centered environment that is close to home. Whether you are undergoing an outpatient or inpatient procedure, the physicians and staff at Specialists are committed to providing you compassionate and expert care while allowing for a seamless transition from hospital to home. Specialists Hospital Shreveport is the only hospital in Louisiana that focuses solely on orthopedic, spine and spinal neurosurgery.
Company Website: www.specialistshospitalshreveport.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)