This position is a professional licensed Registered Nurse position which circulates throughout any surgical event within the facility. The Perioperative nurse works in collaboration with medical staff, nursing colleagues, physician assistants, LPN’s and CORT’s. This is a day shift position.
Essential Job Functions
- Patient assessment – collection, interpretation, recording & communication of data relevant to patient care within the operating room.
- Planning of
- Attends staffing and case conferences.
- Participates in educational meetings.
- Performs related work as required.
- Current RN State Licensure.
- 1 year of recent Perioperative experience, orthopedic experience preferred.
- Current BLS.
- Graduate of post basic operating room course.
- AORN membership preferred, CNOR encouraged, ACLS encouraged.
- Hepatitis Immunization or documented declination.
- Negative annual Mantoux or chest x-ray.
- Able to maintain extensive standing, moderated sitting and retracting.
- Physically able to perform CPR.
- Able to lift a minimum of 15# of surgical instrument pans or equipment.
Specialists Hospital Shreveport, LLC
Specialists Hospital is proudly physician owned and is actively in involved in the Physician Owned Hospitals of America (http://www.physicianhospitals.org/) and the Louisiana Physician Owned Hospital Association (http://www.lhaonline.org/) . Specialists Hospital Shreveport located in Shreveport, Louisiana offers you state of the art treatment in orthopedic and spine surgery- all in a unique, patient-centered environment that is close to home. Whether you are undergoing an outpatient or inpatient procedure, the physicians and staff at Specialists are committed to providing you compassionate and expert care while allowing for a seamless transition from hospital to home. Specialists Hospital Shreveport is the only hospital in Louisiana that focuses solely on orthopedic, spine and spinal neurosurgery.
Company Website: www.specialistshospitalshreveport.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)